HED LIBRARY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Only duly enrolled students are allowed to borrow materials from the library. A borrower should present his/her school ID when borrowing/returning library materials. Lending of school ID to other is strictly prohibited.
- Students are entitled to borrow three (3) books of different titles from the library system for a period of two (2) days. These boooks can be re- borrowed after one (1) day if not in demand to give others a chance to use/borrow the materials.
- Reserved books may be borrowed for overnight use starting 3:00 PM and due for return the following day before 8:00 AM.
- General Reference books such as encyclopaedias, dictionaries and other factual materials are strictly for library use only.
- Fiction books may be borrowed for one week.
- Periodicals and Information file are to be used in the Reading Room only.
- Borrowers are held responsible for all books charged to their names, including mutilation and/or defacement found in library books when returned. Books must be checked and borrowers must report any mutilation found before leaving the library.
- Students with overdue books/materials are not allowed to borrow unless he/she has settled all accounts due to the library. Fines are Php 10.00 per day for General Circulation books and Php 10.00 per hour for Reserve Books.
- If an item is lost, the library should be notified immediately. Overdue fines continue to be assessed until notification is received.
- All library patrons, including faculty members are responsible for the replacement of the lost items. Lost books must be replaced with the same title, edition and author.
- In case the lost book is no longer available, the decision to accept the replacement book is determined by the Librarian or shall be paid equivalent to the book's current market value plus a processing fee of Php 50.00 (fifty pesos).
- If the patron found the book after being declared or reported lost and returned it, and if the book is in acceptable condition, the patron will be required to pay the accumulated overdue fine.
Use of Facilities
- Students are requested to leave their bags, folders and other things in a designation area near the entrance. Notebooks and other items brought inside the library are subject for inspection. Wallets and other valuable things must be brought with them. The library staff will not be held responsible for any personal items lost.
- Everyone is encouraged to help maintain SILENCE within the library premises to facilitate learning.
- Group discussion related only to study is allowed in the DISCUSSION ROOM which is especially reserved for this purpose.
- Library users have the free access to the books on the Open Shelves. All library materials that will be used in the reading area must be properly charged and returned at the Charging Desk after use.
- Chairs must be properly arranged before leaving the library.