BED LIBRARY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Student Guidelines in the use of LibrariesThe library is intended as a place for Reading, Studying and Research only. It is the heart of the school for it plays an important role in our intellectual development. Everyone then is encouraged to come to the library for "Reading makes a full man".
Library Requirements:A valid library card is the student's permit to use the library. The students enrolled are required to have their validated library ID and Borrower's Card every semester.
General Rules of the Library:
- Students entering the library should be in proper uniform.
- Loud discussion, laughter, whistling and other disruptive behavior should be subject to disciplinary action.
- Eating, sleeping, playing and shouting are absolutely prohibited.
- The librarians are directed to enforce SILENCE as well as the rules and regulations. They should be accorded the respect and courtesy they deserve.
- Students are requested to leave their bags, folders, and other things in a designated area (bag counter) near the entrance. Notebooks and other items brought inside the library are subject to inspection.
- Student must always bring with them their library ID and Borrower's Card in order to enjoy "Borrowing Privileges".
- Everyone is encouraged to help maintain SILENCE within the library premises to facilitate learning.
- The Online Public Access Catalogue or (OPAC) is used solely to SEARCH for information. In no other circumstances shall the users manipulate the OPAC, i.e. write/erase anything or part of this catalogue. Such behavior is considered an act of vandalism and punishable as stipulated in the Student Handbook.
Borrowing Privileges:Students may borrow a maximum of three(3) books from the library system at any time provided he/she has ID.
Loan Rules and Lost Books:
- Books in the General Circulation circulate for 2 days. The possibility of "RENEWAL" is subject to eventual request by other borrowers. Exceptions are the following:
- Periodical and General Reference books are to be used in the Reading Room only.
- Fiction collection may be borrowed for one week.
- Information File materials (clippings and pamphlets) may be borrowed from the Circulation Librarian and are used in the Reading Room only.